Gluten Free Recipes
Dairy + Gluten Free Banana Muffins5:17 PM
On Sundays I try to make muffins or a not-too sweet cake for us to snack on through the week. I thought these Banana muffins from GOOP looked fantastic so I made a quick batch and adjusted the recipe to fit the gluten free diet with a few additional tweaks.
Gluten Free/Dairy Free Banana Muffins (inspired by GOOP)
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup maple syrup
6 tbs oil (I prefer olive oil but you could use another vegetable oil)
2 cups Gluten Free flour (I prefer Pamela's all-purpose artisan flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp cinnamon
(the original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of raisins and 1/2 cup of nuts - feel free to add)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Mash up the bananas (I usually just put them in a stand mixer and run it for a few minutes, but you could also use a hand mixer or food processor).
- Add in the maple syrup, olive oil, and keep mixing.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and mix briefly (don't overmix)
- Scoop the mixture into muffin papers in a muffin tin.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Note: The muffins won't rise too much.
share this on »