Gluten Free Recipes
Easy Weeknight Risotto and Poached Egg Dinner8:19 AM
1 cup arborio rice
1.5 cups water (you can use chicken or veggie stock if you prefer)
Spinach (fresh or frozen) - as much as you like
1 clove garlic - or as much as you like
Balsamic vinegar to drizzle on top
- Combine rice and water in a sauce pan with tight lid. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow rice to sit for 10 minutes with lid still on.
- Add spinach to the rice and a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Combine.
- In a mortar and pestle combine a garlic clove with tsp or so of salt.
- Mush with the pestle until a paste forms.
- Add about a TBS of olive oil and continue to combine in the mortar and pestle to make a bit of a sauce.
- Add into the rice and mix.
- Serve and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or a little truffle oil if you have it.
- Pop a poached egg on top (see below)
- Bring a small sauce pot of water to a simmer.
- Crack an egg into a separate boil.
- Using a spoon swirl the water till it forms a bit of funnel and drop the egg directly in the middle (there are millions of YouTube videos on how to do this).
- Set a timer for 3-4 minutes depending on how cooked you prefer your eggs.
- Use a slatted spoon to remove and layer on top of the rice.
share this on »